This grove of Oregon White Oak, Quarcus Garryana, stood on this property before it was acquired by the Benton County Fairgrounds around 1950. The largest stump on the property is difficult to see, but the number of rings is over 80 by most counts. The stump was cut in the mid 1990s.
Design and construction of the campground was done with special consideration to the long-term health of the trees. Special care is taken all year to make sure that we are not damaging them.