Benton County Fairgrounds Foundation
The Benton County Fairgrounds Foundation was established in April 1999 for the expressed purpose of preserving the proud agrarian heritage of Benton County with a focus on our youth. The foundation provides a means for funding improvements to the Benton County Fairgrounds in order to create an inviting atmosphere as a gathering place for the urban and rural citizens of Benton County.
The Benton County Fairgrounds Foundation is an Oregon nonprofit corporation organized pursuant to ORS Chapter 61 and operates subject to the Charitable Trust and Corporation Act, ORS 128.610 to 128.750. The Foundation also is filed as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation with the Federal Government and is subject to pertinent Internal Revenue Code and regulations. The Federal Identification Number is: 93-1255130.
Goals of the Foundation
- To solicit, receive, and administer charitable donations, and conduct fund raising campaigns and activities for fairgrounds improvements.
- To foster the interest of the Fair to the betterment of youth and the community, and friends of the Fair in it's development. Interest will include but not be limited to, the educational youth services and community service programs, equipment and facility construction and improvements.
- To improve the financial support of the Fairgrounds particularly through gifts, grants, and bequests.
- To provide resources for financial assistance to deserving youth to commence or continue their education and appreciation of agriculture and it's importance to the heritage of the locality such as 4-H summer school awards.
- To provide stewardship of funds raised or otherwise donated to the Foundation and direct the expenditures of restricted gifts according to the wishes of the donors.
Example Foundation-Financed Projects
- The cover for the 86-foot long picnic table, which was donated by the Hull-Oaks Lumber Co.
- Addition to the small animal building, now called Guerber Hall. Including new round tables, chairs, heating system and lighting.
- A memorial deck to Ralph Hull.
- Livestock panels for use at the 4-H horse fair, the County Fair, and other horse events.
- New banquet tables and chairs to be used in all buildings.
- Resurfacing of Guerber Hall floor
Donations can be made to the Benton County Fairgrounds Foundation at the Fairgrounds Office, 110 SW 53rd St., Corvallis, OR 97333. For information on the Foundation, call the Fairgrounds office at 541-766-6521.
|Eric Thompson - Chair
|Robyn Rice – Treasurer